Hemenway Trust Company supports clients throughout their philanthropic journey. Whether you are new to giving or are part of a family foundation that has spanned generations, Hemenway Trust Company can assist with your philanthropic needs. Together with Hemenway & Barnes LLP, our seasoned professionals will help you address your charitable goals and objectives and implement your giving strategy. We work to develop a custom giving strategy, coordinate with your estate and tax planning, and ensure that administration of your charitable giving runs smoothly over time.
It can be challenging to sort through the wide range of charitable vehicles and discern which works best for your desired outcome. We help clients choose how and when to make charitable gifts, including:
- During your lifetime or at your death
- Outright or through a trust
- Naming a charity as a beneficiary in your will, life insurance policy, or retirement plan
Our advisors help you choose the charitable giving vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that will enable you to achieve the impact you envision, including:
- Private foundations, donor-advised funds, or a combination of the two
- Funding a life income gift, such as a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust, allowing you to combine your gift with income goals
There is no "one size fits all" solution. Together with Hemenway & Barnes LLP, our team of advisors includes lawyers specializing in estate planning and nonprofit formation and governance; tax and investment professionals; and philanthropic advisors who can tailor solutions to meet your individual needs and vision for philanthropy.